Flight Delay or Cancel or Disrupted
Rules for Flight Delay
Flight is delay or cancel or disrupted, EU Regulation 261/2004 states out in detailed the rights of passengers in the case of an aircraft being delayed or cancelled. Other than flight delay rules, it also covers passengers’ rights if he/she is denied boarding. You are entitled to compensation if your flight is delay or cancel or disrupted.
Claim For Compensation
Today, compensation for flight delays and cancellations can be claimed. Since the Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 is still. Here, many criteria when determining whether your delay, cancellation or denied boarding entitles. Then you can receive compensation from the airline.
Flight Delay affect Flights
Passengers indirectly affect the expected flight delay. Though late passengers usually do not change the schedule of flights, they will impact the security control processes. Consequently delay the actual departure time of flights.
Causes Flight Delays
Weather conditions are often cited as one of the main reasons for flight delays. However they are not as common as most people think. If the weather does not appear to be optimal. it is not a given that the flight cannot be operated on time.
Flight Compensation Regulation
Flight Compensation Regulation is a regulation in EU law establishing common rules on compensation. It is assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding, flight delay or cancel or disrupted. It requires compensation of €250 to €600 depending on the flight distance for delays over of at least 2 hours.
The regulation applies to any passenger:
- departing from an airport located in the territory of a Member State to which the Treaty applies;
- departing from an EU/EEA member state, or
- traveling to an EU/EEA member state on an airline based in an EU/EEA member state
if that person has:
- a confirmed reservation on the flight
- arrived in time for check-in as indicated on the ticket or communication from the airline, or, if no time is so indicated, no less than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight
- have been transferred from the flight for which he/she held a reservation to some other flight
- the passenger is traveling on a free or discounted ticket not available to the general public.